Laminate Flooring Calculator estimates the cost to install laminate floors in your home.
Your flooring estimate will include standard or water resistant laminate flooring options, as well as the cost of removing old flooring and installing a sub-floor.
Estimate Laminate Flooring Costs in Virginia
How To Use Laminate Flooring Cost Calculator
Here is a step by step guide on how to use the calculator to get the most accurate price estimate for laminate floors.
1. Enter the correct dimensions of the room. You can add as many rooms as you want, which will give you the ability to estimate the cost of laminate floors throughout the whole house.
2. Select the quality of the floors you want installed, from budget, to mid-range to luxury. Keep in mind that this can mean the difference of hundreds of dollars depending on the quality of flooring you select.
3. Choose whether you want your laminate to be water resistant or standard. If you are looking to install laminate floors in a bathroom, laundry room or another moisture prose area its best to pay more and install waterproof laminate flooring.
4. Select whether you want to have the old floors removed. Depending on the square footage, this can cost an extra $250-500+
6. Enter whether or not you want to install the sub-floor. This costs an extra $2.50 per square foot. Its a good idea to install a new subfloor if your old flooring is warped, crooked or has other issues.
Your flooring installer will be able to advise you whether or not you actually need a subfloor. In the meantime you can calculate both options so you know the price difference.
How Much Does Laminate Flooring Cost?
There is a very wide range in the cost of laminate flooring, which primarily has to do with the quality of the floor as well as the brand.
Low-end laminate floors cost as little as $1,400 installed in a 200 sq.ft. room. High-end laminate flooring cost as much as $5,000 for the same size room.
Most homeowners report spending an average of $2,500 to install decent quality laminate flooring in a 200 sq.ft. room.
Installing water resistant laminate flooring costs $4 – 5 per square foot for materials only and $9-10 per square foot including professional installation.
What Is The Most Expensive Laminate Flooring?
In terms of brands, Pergo and Home Legend have the most expensive laminate flooring options, while Style Selection and Traffic Masters are the Cheapest.
Brands like Quick Step and Home Decorators offer mid-range priced laminate floors.
Quality of the laminate makes a huge difference in the durability and longevity of the flooring, so if you want your new floors to last, its best to invest more money into a better brand laminate flooring.