A pull down faucet is great if you love the high-arch aesthetic, prefer to have a few different sprayer options, and have a deep sink.
If you are not sure which product will best suit your needs, check out our comprehensive review of the 5 Most Popular pull down faucets.
|Model||American Standard – Colony Soft Pull-down||Kohler K-560-VS Bellera||Delta 9178-SS-DST Leland||Moen 7594ESRS Arbor||Delta 980T-RBSD-DST Pilar|
|Type||Pull Down||Pull Down||Pull Down||Pull Down||Pull Down|
|Number of Handles||One Handle||One Handle||One Handle||One Handle||One Handle|
|Installation Method||Deck Mounted||Deck Mounted||Deck Mounted||Deck Mounted||Deck Mounted|
|Finish||Polished Chrome||Stainless Steel||Venetian Bronze||Spot Resist Stainless||Venetian Bronze|
|Flow Rate||2.2 GPM||1.8 GPM||1.8 GPM||1.5 GPM||1.8 GPM|
|Sprayer Style||Pull Down Spray||Pull Down Spray||Pull Down Spray||Pull Down Spray||Pull Down Spray|
|Best Feature||Adjustable spray pattern and pause feature, Inexpensive||Magnetic docking system||Extra-long 59-Inch hose provides a 20-Inch reach||Touchless trigger of water flow||Integrated TempSense LED light shows water temperature|
* Rating on Amazon, reported at time of publishing
Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews
In this review, we included top models that range in price from economy to premium, so that you can pick a quality faucet that suits your needs and your budget.
1. Best Budget Pull Down Faucet: American Standard Colony Soft 4175.300.002
If you are on a tight budget, but don’t want to compromise quality, consider the American Standard Colony Soft faucet. While you may find many cheaper pull down faucets, this American Standard model strikes a great balance between quality and price. Equipped with adjustable spray patterns as well as a pause feature, this faucet is very easy and convenient to use. Moreover, the Colony faucet comes with a limited Lifetime Warranty for function and material.
Finishes: Polished Chrome and Stainless Steel (note, price varies depending on the finish)
Notable Features (Pros) of American Standard Colony Faucet
- Pull-down spray with adjustable spray pattern and pause feature
- Brass material, which is corrosion resistant
- Ceramic Disc Valve ensures leak free performance
- Finish resists tarnish, scratching, and corrosion
- Metal braided hose for extra durability. (note, the hose is only 20 inches long.)
- Powerful sprayer
- Very easy installation reported by customers with no previous faucet installation or plumbing experience
The biggest problem with this American Standard Colony faucet is the leaks that start to happen after 4-10 months after installation. Moreover, many report that the sprayer hose starts to leak, others report internal leaks. Leaks are reported by about 5-6 % of customers who bought this faucet on Amazon. Finally, other problems are low water pressure, broken hose, and defective product right out of the box.
2. Best Average Price Pull Down Faucet: Delta Leland 9178-SS-DST
The Number 1 Best Selling pull down kitchen faucet that offers high-end looks and functionality for a reasonable price is Delta Leland. Most noteworthy is that this faucet offers exceptional durability, versatility and ease of use, with its multi-flow sprayer modes and a MagnaTite Docking system.
Finishes: Arctic Stainless, Stainless, Chrome and Venetian Bronze (prices vary depending on the finish)
Notable Features (Pros) of Delta Leland Faucet
- Delta Exclusive Diamond Seal Technology ensures that the faucet can last up to 5 million uses
- Spout swivels 360 degrees to ensure complete sink access
- MagnaTite Docking spray wand easily glides precisely into place
- Alternate between water efficient spray and stream modes
- InnoFlex PEX supply lines ensure that the water inside the faucet does not come in contact with potential metal contaminants.
- Color indicator located at the base of the faucet changes color based on the temperature of the water.
- Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty
This is one of the few faucets with a minimal amount of negative reviews on Amazon, only around 3%. Most noteworthy problems with Delta Leland are 1. difficulty in adjusting the handle between hot and cold water. 2. challenges in shutting off the water completely after about one year of use. 3. the hose is made of two pieces, which are connected with a PLASTIC clip, so the pieces can separate.
3. Best Average Price Pull Down Faucet: Kohler Bellera K-560-VS
If you are looking for great value in a pull down faucet, Kohler Bellera is it. This faucet combines a modern, sleek aesthetic with efficiency and ease of use. Moreover, both the spout and sprayer are designed to offer maximum reach. Also, the single handle makes it easy to quickly adjust water temperature. Consequently, Kohler Bellera is one of the best selling pull down faucets on the market!
Finishes: Polished Chrome, Oil-rubbed Bronze, Vibrant Stainless (note, prices vary depending on the finish)
Notable Features (Pros) of Kohler Bellera Faucet
- High arch spout can reach over the tallest pots and vases
- 360-degree spout rotation provides superior reach and maneuverability
- Sprayer boasts three functions: stream, sweep spray and pause
- Magnetic docking system inside the spout, which glides and locks the sprayhead in place
- Sprayer has strong water pressure and works great when rinsing dishes
- High quality materials: copper tubing and connections, as well as braided steel hot/cold water line
The main complaint about the Kohler Bellera faucet is that in some instances it started to leak at the handle and at the pull down hose in 3-6 months after installation. Also, some customers reported that it started leaking right after the one year mark when the warranty was no longer valid. Overall, leaks are reported by about 4-5% of the customers who bought this product on Amazon. Finally, another common complaint was with either missing or damaged parts out of the box, and subsequent issues dealing with Kohler customer service.
3. Best Premium Pull Down Faucet: Moen Arbor 7594ESRS
If you are looking for a premium pull down faucet that has all the latest hi-tech innovations, then Moen Arbor may be the right choice. While it comes with a premium price tag, it offers Touchless control of water flow, Reflex system for smooth operation and a special spot resistant finish.
Finishes: Spot Resist Stainless, Oil Rubbed Bronze, and Chrome. (note, some finishes cost more)
Notable Features (Pros) of Moen Arbor Faucet
- Touchless control of water flow (sensors work in both dark and light conditions). It is recommended to plug it into the AC adapter as it does not work as well or for as long when using batteries.
- Extra long 68 inch hose length offers unparalleled maneuverability in daily kitchen tasks.
- Special Power Clean Technology provides superior water pressure
- Clean looking, single hole mount, makes it ideal for custom countertops
- Spot resistant finish eliminates the need for frequent cleaning
The top issue customers reported about the Moen Arbor faucet is various problems with the motion sensor. These range from the sensor sometimes failing to detect motion, to randomly turning water on, to having to wave your hands in front of the faucet to get the water to come on. While many people try to unplug and reset the sensor, that seems to fix the issue only for a short amount of time. Moreover, it is important to note that only about 5% of customers who bought this faucet on Amazon are reporting this problem. Overall, the majority of the customers are very happy with this faucet.
3. Best Premium Pull Down Faucet: Delta Pilar 980T-RBSD-DST
If your kitchen calls for a high-end, gorgeous looking faucet, consider the Delta Pilar. We especially love the rich finish of Venetian Bronze! Delta made sure to pack this faucet with the latest innovations in design and technology, such as Touch2O Technology and LED Light Signals, offering a superior user experience.
Finishes: Chrome, Stainless and Venetian Bronze (price varies depending on the finish)
Notable Features (Pros) of Delta Pilar Faucet
- Innovative Touch2O Technology: simply touch anywhere on the spout or handle to start or stop water flow. Also, the faucet is sensitive to the difference between a touch and a grab, reducing the chances of false activation
- Conserve water with Automatic water flow shut-off (turns off water after four minutes)
- LED light Signals: blue when touch mode is active and flashing red when batteries are low
- Integrated TempSense LED light displays water temperature: goes from blue to magenta to red as the temperature gets hotter
- Delta’s exclusive DIAMOND Seal Technology uses a valve with a tough diamond coating, making the faucet last up to 5 million uses. Additionally, this technology keeps water inside the faucet out of contact with potentially harmful metal contaminants.
The biggest complaint from customers who bought Delta Pilar faucet is that the Touch2O technology does not work reliably. Often, it does not sense the touch, and water keeps dripping after trying to turn it off, turns on at random, etc. Also, customers reported that replacing batteries did not help. Another problem is inconsistent water flow after some time of being used. Finally, the faucet is reportedly very sensitive to sediment build up as the screen inside collects it and can eventually clog, causing the hot water to temporarily shut off, until you clean up the sediment.
Overall, we consider these pull-down faucets “best” in class (price range), because of great features each one of them offers, as well as excellent end user feedback and ratings. However, there are many similar models available, so make sure you browse Best Selling faucets list, which offers many other styles and price points.
Also, look forward to my review of best faucets under $100 – great faucets for budget-minded homeowners and landlords.
Finally, check out our recent Top Kitchen Faucets in 2017 guide.