Are you looking to replace your old kitchen faucet?
There are hundreds of products to choose from ranging in style, functionality and, of course, price. Choosing the right faucet will not only transform the overall look of your kitchen, but will also make your tasks more efficient and enjoyable. Because this is one of the fixtures that you constantly use, it is important to determine what your needs are.
Not sure whether you want a pull-down, pull-out, touch-less or commercial-style kitchen faucet?
Read our guide to review the specs of the top faucets for your kitchen.
|Model||KOHLER Coralais K-15160-CP||Premier Sonoma 120025LF||Pfister Petaluma||Kraus KPF-1602SS||Moen Arbor 7594ESRS|
|Type / Style||Single Handle with Pull Out Spray||Single Handle with Side Spray||Double Handle with Soap Dispenser||Commercial-Style Pull-Down||Touchless Pull-down|
|Finish||Polished Chrome||Brushed Nickel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Spot Resist Stainless|
|Flow Rate||2.2 GPM||2.2 GPM||n/a||1.8 GPM||1.5 GPM|
|Best Feature||Temperature Memory Handle||Convenient Separate Spray||Pull Down Spray with Stream/Spray Function||Powerful pre-rinse spray||Touch-less trigger of water flow|
In this guide, we review all styles of faucets – pull-out, pull-down, commercial, 3-4 hole mounted (wide 2 valve faucets with sprayer hose), etc. Check out our guide for best Pull-Down faucets for 2017.
Also, as you can see, the prices range from $115-300+ and include different budget ranges. Soon we plan to release our list of 7 best kitchen faucets under $100, so come back soon, to see which one is the winner!
1. Best Pull Out Faucet: KOHLER K-15160-CP Coralais Single-Control Pullout Spray Kitchen Faucet
If you are looking for a high quality pull-out kitchen faucet that offers great functionality for a reasonable price, look no further than KOHLER K-15160-CP Coralais.
This stylish faucet will make a great addition to any kitchen, whether modern or traditional. Ideal for busy cooks, with easy to use one-handed, pull-out spray. Great for large sinks, offering a 9-1/2″ spout.
Kohler is a leading brand in kitchen sink faucets and other fixtures, offering superior quality and durability that does not break your bank. This faucet also comes with a limited lifetime warranty (see product details).
Finishes: Polished Chrome, Brushed Chrome, Biscuit, Black, White, Brushed Nickel (note, some finishes cost more, some less)
Notable Features (Pros) of KOHLER Coralais
- Quality ceramic valve that resists debris and hard water buildup
- Features a high-temperature limit stop that enables you to preset a maximum temperature and avoid scalding
- Durable Metal Construction ensures longevity
- Changeable Spray Head with Touch-Button Control
The top complaint about Kohler Coralais is the low water pressure. Also, there are many plastic parts, instead of metal, making it less durable than more expensive faucets.
2. Best Single Handle Faucet with Side Spray: Premier 120025LF Sonoma
If your daily tasks call for a kitchen faucet that has a separate sprayer, the best product to consider is Premier 120025LF Sonoma.
The unique Victorian-era design of this faucet makes it ideal for a more traditional, rustic or transitional kitchen. All brass construction with lead-free waterways ceramic disc cartridge offers effective and leak-free performance for many years.
Finishes: Chrome, Brushed Nickel and Oil Rubbed Bronze (note, some finishes cost more)
Notable Features (Pros) of Premier Sonoma
- Quality brass construction
- Separate color matched sprayer and swivel spout (sprayer is very sturdy, as it is also made of metal, rather than plastic)
- Incredible design and workmanship
- Great water flow
The biggest complaint about this Premier faucet is the quality of the sprayer: it begins to chip and leak very quickly (in some cases in less than a year after installation). Some customers report that the faucet itself begins to leak quickly, even after being professionally installed.
3. Best Double Handle Faucet with Soap Dispenser: Pfister Petaluma
While single handle faucets have pretty much taken over the market, there are still some people who love the classic look and feel of a double handle faucet. If this is you, consider installing Pfister Petaluma.
This elegant faucet boast not only a great aesthetic, but also some wonderful specs that make it efficient and user friendly.
Finishes: Stainless Steel only
Notable Features (Pros) of Pfister Petaluma
- Versatile pull – down spray with stream and spray modes
- All brass construction
- Ceramic disc valve designed to prevent leaks and drips
- Great convenience of the soap dispenser
- Modern, sleek look, perfect for contemporary kitchen
The biggest complaint about this Pfister Petaluma faucet is that it has many plastic parts, including the pull-down sprayer. Also, there is a plastic proprietary connection between the spray/faucet and the water line.
This makes the faucet more susceptible to leaks and the parts can break quicker than if they were made of metal.
4. Best Commercial-Style Faucet: Kraus KPF-1602SS
If you have a very modern or industrial style kitchen, then you will fall in love with the looks of Kraus KPF-1602SS. It is the best one out of very few faucets that are designed to look like commercial kitchen equipment.
Additionally, this high-end, heavy-duty faucet boasts some impressive features, such as a pre-rinse spray and a lite touch single-lever flow control, that you simply would not find in more budget friendly faucets.
Finishes: Chrome and Stainless Steel
Notable Features (Pros) of Kraus KPF-1602SS
- Heavy duty commercial look
- Very powerful pre-rinse spray
- Lead-free brass construction with rust-resistant finish
- Top quality internal components ensure years of leak-free use
- Possible to use one or both streams at the same time for different purposes
- Open-coil spout swivels 360° for added flexibility and reach
- The sprayer is made of steel and brass, not plastic!
The top complaint about this Kraus faucet is low water pressure of the sprayer. Another major issue is very poor customer service at Kraus and failure to follow up if there is a problem with a faucet, you need to deal with the warranty.
5. Best Touchless Faucet: Moen 7594ESRS Arbor
If you love to integrate inovative technologies into your daily life and budget is not a constraint, then consider the top notch Moen 7594ESRS Arbor touchless faucet.
This faucet offers not only a great design and solid build, but also a special MotionSens technology that triggers the flow of water, without touching the faucet. This makes it easier to clean and also prevents the spread of germs. The faucet is backed by Moen’s Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Finishes: Spot Resist Stainless, Oil Rubbed Bronze, and Chrome. (note, some finishes cost more)
Notable Features (Pros) of Moen Arbor
- Touchless control of water flow (sensors work in both dark and light conditions). It is recommended to plug it into the AC adapter as it does not work as well or for as long when using batteries.
- Extra long 68 inch hose length offers unparalleled maneuverability in daily kitchen tasks.
- Special Power Clean Technology provides superior water pressure
- Clean looking, single hole mount, makes it ideal for custom countertops
- Spot resistant finish eliminates the need for frequent cleaning
The biggest complaint about the Moen Arbor Touchless faucet is various problems with the motion sensor. These range from the sensor sometimes failing to detect motion, to randomly turning water on, to having to wave your hands in front of the faucet to get the water to come on. Many people try to unplug and reset the sensor, but that seems to fix the issue only for a short amount of time. It is important to note that only about 5% of customers who bought this faucet on Amazon are reporting this problem, while the rest of the people are very happy with it.